The official language of the meeting is English, and all slides and posters should be presented in English. Simultaneous translation from English to Portuguese will be provided in sessions.
The Congress dress code is smart casual.
The local currency is Brazilian Reals. The exchange rate fluctuates between 4.00 to 4.50 BRL for each dollar, and 4.50 to 5.00 BRL for each euro. Foreign currency could be exchanged at Guarulhos airport in Sao Paulo and during the week, Banco do Brasil bank agencies buy and sell. At weekends, there are currency exchange offices.. Credit cards are generally accepted in hotel, restaurants and shops, but many taxis take only cash.
The country code for Brazil is 55 and the area code for São Paulo is 11. To place an international outgoing call you should dial + or 00 before the country code.
UBER Services is available in Sao Paulo. The international airport has some dedicated passenger boarding areas there.
The electrical supply in Sao Paulo and Hotel Tivoli Mofarrej São Paulo (meeting venue) is 120 volts, 60Hz.
You can find adaptors in supermarkets, office material stores or construction stores.
It is generally customary to leave a 10% gratuity for services in restaurants if good service is provided. Tips for taxis and any porter service are at your discretion.
- The average temperature in São Paulo in April is warm at 19.7 °C (67.46 °F).
- Afternoons can be fairly hot with average high temperatures reaching 25.1 °C (77.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very mild with an average low of 16.3 °C (61.3 °F).
- The mean daily temperature range/ variation in April is 8.8 °C (15.8 °F).
- The weather in April is somewhat dry. Just 75.8mm (3in) of fluid is laid down.
- First months of 2021 the blue above São Paulo is fair with on average a moderate 5:46 of bright solar radiation per day.
- Working hours are, usually, from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
- Banks provide services from 10am to 4pm and do not operate on weekends.
- Malls operate from 10am to 10pm from Monday to Saturday and from 2pm to 8pm on Sundays and holidays.
- Bars and restaurants have flexible times. Besides lunch and dinner, some stay open all night hours, even during weekdays.
- Some places provide 24-hour public service, such as: hospitals, pharmacies and drugstores, veterinarians, dentists, newspaper stands, flower stores, supermarkets, coffee shops and cafes, and convenience stores. Ask around on the region that you are staying.
São Paulo follows Brasília’s time zone (UTC -3). The city has Daylight Saving.
- Traffic (CET) – 156
- Police Fire Department – 193
- Post Office (lost and found) 0800 570 0100
- International Dialing Information – 0800 777 1515
- São Paulo City Hall Ombudsman – 0800 17 5717
- Police – 190
- Consumer Rights – 151
- Ambulance (SAMU) – 192
- Health Surveillance – 150
Brazil relates diplomatically to all members of the United Nations. However, due to variety of bilateral agreements, the Brazilian government demands an entrance visa for some specific nationalities.
The worldwide Visa Regimes for Foreigns in Brazil requirements specifies who needs and who is granted a visa to enter Brazil. These requirements are available in here.
In case you are required to have a visa, get in contact with the Brazilian consulate where the visa will be requested to obtain information about documentation and procedures for the concessions of permission for entrance on the country.
Several nations have a consulate in São Paulo. In order to know which countries have representatives in the city, consult the addresses and contacts at this portal.
Check out also the Ministery of Foreign Relations website.
By registering for i-FAB 2021, delegates agree that neither the organization nor the congress agency are responsible for their individual medical or personal insurance, being delegates advised to make their own arrangements. The organizers cannot assume liability for any changes in the program due to external and unexpected circumstances.
The Congress Committee reserves the right to make changes to the congress program at any time without notice.